Renishaw’s Modus inspection software is an important component of Renishaw’s Metrology software products, including the Equator Gauging System. The Modus Development Group (MDG) has a vacancy for a Software Engineer to contribute to the design and development of Modus and associated application software. The successful candidate will be working with an expanding team to design and develop new functionality and to maintain existing Modus capabilities. The functionality involves understanding of 3D geometry and graphics, metrology, SQL databases, UI and UX as well as practical interaction with Renishaw measuring equipment. Modus also incorporates software components from other development teams within Renishaw and from external suppliers, and the job will involve significant interaction with developers both within MDG and outside.
• To assist in the future design, development and maintenance of Modus software
• To help drive the design of Modus, and to implement software using the latest development technologies including C++, C# .NET and WPF
• Develop high quality and high performing software
• Support and guide other individuals in good practice, process, design and coding techniques
• To communicate effectively with colleagues in MDG and other Renishaw Divisions
• A good degree in an Engineering, Mathematics or Scientific discipline
• Proven knowledge of how to design and implement high quality software applications
• Proven experience in building and deploying applications in C++ and C#.NET
• Proven use and knowledge of the latest tools and technologies in the software industry
• A willingness to travel to other UK sites as required
• You must have the right to live and work in the EU
• Previous knowledge of coding with WPF
• A comprehensive understanding of Software Development Lifecycles
• Knowledge of iterative and incremental software delivery
• Highly advantageous if the applicant can clearly demonstrate a working knowledge of 3D geometry
• Some experience gained in metrology or other engineering discipline
The successful candidate will have a keen eye for detail, supported by good hands-on aptitudes. They will be adaptable, working as part of a team, and also on their own projects when required. The candidate will show good communication skills both written and verbally and will be an all-round problem solver.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.