Renishaw, a world leader in large scale laser measurement, industrial metrology and biomedical systems development is currently seeking to recruit Software Test Engineers to work on new application software development within the Modus Development Group, based in the Castle Donington office or at the Company HQ in Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire.
The role will primarily involve being responsible for the creation and execution of test scripts, to ensure that our existing and any new software works correctly and is defect free.
This is a unique opportunity to join an established team where your inputs will be readily recognised and influential.
• Work closely with the product owners, technical leads and developers to make sure you understand the requirements for the release
• Ensure that appropriate test scripts are written with an in depth level of coverage
• Carryout test execution on various types of coordinate measuring machines and in simulated scenarios
• Be able to collaborate with test colleagues based in other divisions of the Company and in our India office to ensure that the testing is completed on time
• Educated to at least degree level in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or similar relevant scientific discipline (minimum 2:2 grade); OR the ability to demonstrate comparable applied knowledge and expertise to an equivalent level
• Proven ability to understand the quality requirements of a product
• Skills in creation and execution of testing
• Be able to demonstrate experience of collaborating with other testers
• You must have the right to live and work in the EU
• ISEB/ISTQB Foundation in Software Testing
• Experience of working within Engineering Industry
• Experience of working with Coordinate Measuring Machines
• Exposure to CAD models and the production of DMIS scripts
• Exposure to testing within Windows Operating Systems
• Exposure to testing applications with different language packs
The successful applicant will be an organised and dynamic results-driven individual, keen to make a significant contribution within a small tightly knit team. They will be technically strong and have both the vision and attention to detail needed to succeed. Strong communication and team skills are essential.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.