Responsible for the design and introduction of innovative, efficient, and capable assembly processes within a high variety, high complexity, and challenging precision optical / electro-mechanical environment. The successful applicant will contribute to all stages of a project development cycle, from feasibility concept model and budgeting to design and implementation.
• Mechanical design, development, and introduction of processes for product assembly and test
• Utilising automation and control technology within the designs when justified
• Perform validation and prototype work as necessary to implement and verify designs during system build and evaluation
• Managing the supply and manufacture of components (including prototyping) during the development and delivery stages of a project, adopting DfM principles
• Project planning and milestone management
• Continuous improvement activities supporting the engineering teams who support production
• Ensuring the processes introduced meet legislative requirements
• Production of technical files and reports
• Frequent interaction with the product divisions and the support services within the manufacturing services division
• The minimum of a degree level of education (2:1 or above) in a relevant technical discipline
• Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
• A high level of PC literacy
• A good understanding of mechanical design principles and geometric tolerancing
• Success in the management and delivery of technically challenging engineering activities
• Expertise in the use of 3D CAD solid modelling
• Successful application of structured statistical analysis techniques (Six Sigma)
• Practical application of assembly process design encompassing effective control and mistake-proofing techniques
• Understanding of metrology, measurement techniques and calibration
• Exposure to process automation, PLC’s, and robotic based solutions
The successful applicant will be self-motivated, confident and positive. A dynamic results-driven individual, they will have clear and proven success in delivering to plan. A focused organised approach to design is an essential requirement of the role together with the demonstration of effective time-management, prioritisation and decision-making skills. They will possess excellent communication skills, contributing in technical discussions. An ability to work both as part of a team and autonomously is essential.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.