Spectroscopy Products Division (SPD) is seeking to recruit a Production Engineer to work within the Current Products Engineering Group. The successful candidate will work within a cross functional team of skilled engineers and scientists to support the manufacturing processes used to make the divisions Raman Spectroscopy systems. The role is both reactive and proactive with a key requirement to assist the division in achieving production quality, delivery and cost targets, along with supporting the implementation of design change and driving continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes.
• Investigation and resolution of process problems within challenging deadlines
• Optimisation of existing processes
• Evaluation and implementation of design changes
• Analysis of process performance data to evaluate process capability / stability to justify improvement actions
• Justification, specification and implementation of new process equipment
• Creation of process documentation and the provision of operator training
• A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering or other relevant discipline
• Previous experience and success in a Production Engineering role
• Experience working with precision electro-mechanical and/or optical assemblies
• Experience of working in clean assembly environments
• Proven and successful application of structured problem solving and statistical analysis techniques (such as Six Sigma)
• Familiarity with 3D modelling packages & the design of assembly aids
The successful applicant will have a good understanding of the principles of Production Engineering. They will have the drive and enthusiasm to develop a strong understanding of the complex manufacturing processes and design principles used in the manufacture of the product. They will combine this knowledge with their existing technical skills and strong interpersonal and organisation skills to support the manufacturing processes to meet business targets and expectations, whilst delivering continuous improvement.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.