Renishaw Machine Tool Division is currently seeking to recruit a LabVIEW engineer to contribute to support and improve test activities for the design team. The primary focus of the role will be to develop and help maintain automated test programmes for Renishaw’s next generation of machine tool products.
• To work as part of the MTP Division’s new products development team
• To develop test sequences from product specifications using N.I. test equipment and applications
• To help develop new embedded system test methods within a continuous integration environment
• Support the engineering team in the integration of modules, subsystems and functions
• Contribute to the definition and refinement of test engineering processes
• Work with project members to capture test requirements and create scalable, robust test solutions
• Proven experience with LabVIEW and TestStand
• Understanding of electronics and circuit diagrams and locate test points on PCB
• Ability to develop and execute test plans against device-level and system-level specifications
• A National Instruments CLA qualification or equivalent
• Manual to automated test conversion experience
• Experience with programming and scripting languages (C, .net, PowerShell, Python, PERL, TCL etc.)
• Experience with source control systems working within a continuous integration environment
The successful applicant will be a clear thinker who enjoys creating well thought out test designs, documenting them, and then implementing them in clearly readable code. The individual in this role must have strong attention to detail and can demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.