We are looking for a Senior Design Engineer to join our specials team within Spectroscopy Products Division. The successful candidate will work to understand our customers specific needs and then innovate a cost-effective concept solution to present to the customer.
On receipt of the customer’s order they will produce a detailed design based on the concept costing. After approval they will control the manufacture, test and integration of the special into the customers system all within a short lead-time.
• Work closely with the customer, sales team and design Engineers to understand the customers’ requirements
• Assist in the production of the design; a cost-effective solution that must “work first time”
• Explain concepts to a team of optical, electrical and mechanical engineers; a good basic understanding of each discipline will be needed
• Apply problem-solving skills to the requirement
• Work quickly and efficiently to meet customer expectations, while maintaining attention to detail.
• Research new systems and techniques to propose system improvements
• HND/Degree in Physics, Engineering or similar
• Good communication skills
• Practical engineering skills
• An aptitude for problem solving and the ability to develop solutions on time to a budget
• High level of computer literacy, including Microsoft office
• Experienced in the use of Raman spectrometers or similar optical techniques
• Ability to accurately interpret engineering drawings and CAD models
• Good working knowledge of optics
• An aptitude for dealing with multidisciplinary teams
• An aptitude for problem solving
The successful applicant will need the following skills:
• Well organised
• Balanced approach between attention to detail and working within the specified lead-time
• Confidently discuss design options and their influence on manufacture and cost
• Ability to motivate the team to maintain the lead-time.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.