Renishaw is seeking to recruit a software localisation engineer that can enable close collaboration between our translation and software development teams, driving requirements for localisation best practice throughout the product development cycle. The role would be to act as a consultant to software development teams across the Renishaw Group to ensure localisation is considered as early in the development process as possible, using the most efficient file types/programming methods to enable efficient localisation further down the chain. The role will also require a close working relationship with our internal Language Services department in a technical capacity.
• Handle localisation engineering processes
• Review and adopt state of the art localisation tools
• Create or suggest new tools, processes and files for software globalisation and localisation
• Configuration of translation tools (CAT)
• Engage with software development teams to create test cases for target locales
• Debug common character encoding and file format issues
• Train and present to software development teams on localisation engineering and processing
• Develop and automate localisation processes and workflow
• Gathering all resource files that contain translatable text (ie .resx, .po, .strings etc.)
• Identifying internal and external assets that require translation (images, help files etc.)
• Aid the software development teams in performing internationalisation and pseudo localisation testing to make sure the software is ready for localisation
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• A technical background in software design and development
• Ability to communicate and negotiate with software developers, translators and other key stakeholders
• Educated to at least degree level in Computer Science or similar relevant scientific discipline (minimum 2:2 grade); OR the ability to demonstrate comparable applied knowledge and expertise to an equivalent level
• Experience/knowledge of localisation processes
• Knowledge of software localisation testing
• Experience with CAT tools.
• Knowledge of at least one non-English language
Opportunites for career development and training
• Full training in our current translation/localisation process will be given
• Attendance at conferences and additional training will be available where necessary
The successful applicant will be an organised and dynamic results-driven individual. They will be technically strong and have both the vision and attention to detail needed to succeed. Strong communication, negotiation and team-working skills are essential.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.