Renishaw, a world leader in large scale laser measurement, industrial metrology and biomedical systems development is currently seeking to recruit a Software Test Engineer to work within Group Software’s in-house web development team on multiple projects, based in Charfield.
The role will involve being responsible for the creation and execution of test scripts, to ensure that our existing and any new software works correctly and is defect free. There will also be a high emphasis on web automated testing.
This is a unique opportunity to join an established team where your inputs will be readily recognised and influential.
• Work closely with the product owners, technical leads and developers to make sure you understand release requirements
• Work closely and report into the Group Software test team
• Ensure that appropriate test scripts are written with an in-depth level of coverage
• Carryout test execution on different systems
• Continually manage and setup test environments
• Implement web automated testing to improve feedback times and long-term regression capabilities on projects
• Use different test types and methodologies to verify functionality
• Educated to at least degree level in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or similar relevant scientific discipline (minimum 2:2 grade); OR the ability to demonstrate comparable applied knowledge and expertise to an equivalent level
• Proven ability to understand the quality requirements of a product
• Skills in creation and execution of testing
• Demonstrate experience of working with testers based in India
• ISEB/ISTQB Foundation in Software Testing
• Experience of working within Engineering Industry
• Experience of working within an Agile environment
• Exposure to testing against different Web Browsers on devices
• Exposure to testing using Web Automated Testing Frameworks
Opportunities for career development and training
• Product domain training will be given as projects require it
• Opportunity to complete the different levels in ISEB/ISTQB software testing if not already gained
• Opportunities for further training and courses exist
The successful applicant will be an organised and dynamic results-driven individual, keen to make a significant contribution within a team. They will be technically strong and have both the vision and attention to detail needed to succeed. Strong communication and team skills are essential.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.