Renishaw is recruiting a Software Engineer to develop exciting new software products in the Machine Tool Products division located at the New Mills site in South Gloucestershire.
The development of innovative high precision measurement devices has caused a rapid expansion of the software development teams to support this hardware, a truly exciting time for those seeking a challenge and an opportunity to enhance their skills!
Fundamentally, the Software Engineer will be part of a small team, developing and maintaining software products written in C++ targeted at the Microsoft Windows platform.
• Contribute to the design and development of software applications and libraries
• Develop algorithms relating to geometry fitting and co-ordinate system transformations
• Assist in the requirement capture and specification of new applications
• Help deliver customer-facing applications
• Assist in the deployment of customer projects, including opportunities for overseas travel
• You'll hold a degree/HND within a relevant subject area i.e. computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry, systems engineering or applied experience within relevant field i.e. software development/engineering
• Demonstrable C++ experience - (Windows based is ideal but is not essential)
• Languages: C#, python
• Agile development process
• Distributed version control (e.g. Git)
• Engineering/CNC machine tools
The successful applicant will be a problem solver who works well in a collaborative/team environment. There is also an R&D element to the role, so scientific thinking is occasionally required. The role could develop to have some customer focus, so applicants should have a good balance of technical ability and assured presentation.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.