Renishaw are seeking to recruit a Project Engineer to join Measurement and Automation Products Division (MAPD), reporting to the Operations Manager.
Formed in 2010, MAPD is an enthusiastic and growing product division, having a large end-user market for its products that is previously untapped by Renishaw. Our flagship Equator product is a flexible comparative gauge, made up of an electro-mechanical motion platform controlled by embedded software. The product line includes a suite of programming, operator and automation software which is in continual development, and a range of accessories including human-machine interfaces.
The Project Engineer will have the opportunity to influence and bring to market new products that increase the breadth and depth of MAPD’s product line.
• Manage the full lifecycle of new product, current product and accessory projects using Renishaw’s New Product Development Process
• Coordinate the multi-disciplinary activities of many individuals, MAPD teams, Renishaw divisions and external suppliers, in order to achieve project deliverables and objectives
• Create and maintain project plans and documentation
• Ensure completion of tasks to agreed time, cost and quality targets
• Regularly report on project status and risks as agreed with the stakeholders
• Communicate project status to all levels of the Renishaw Group – through the written word, conversations, and presentations
• Broad experience of project and risk management.
• Educated to HNC (or equivalent) in a relevant technical discipline
• A background in electronic, mechanical or software product development
• Strong analytical ability
• Working knowledge of ERP and engineering change management systems
• Knowledge of relevant Renishaw processes and systems
• Ability to type or write quickly enough that accurate note-taking does not restrict the flow of a debate or discussion
• Proficient in the use of MS Office, particularly MS Excel and MS Project
The successful candidate will have a high level of personal discipline and motivation. They will enjoy working with teams and also be comfortable working independently. An excellent communicator, they will be proactive and able to prioritise work effectively when under pressure from many sources.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.