The Manufacturing Services Division is seeking to recruit a Process Development Engineer to work within the Assembly Development Group. The role will focus on the design, development and introduction of innovative, capable and effective assembly processes within the New Products area.
• Designing, developing and introducing processes for the assembly and testing of new products
• Working closely with the Divisional product design teams, developing strategies for the assembly of new products
• Project managing the sourcing, supply and manufacture of the equipment and tooling required for the process being developed
• Ensuring new processes are safe, controlled, robust, capable and efficient
• Utilising automation and control technology within the process where appropriate
• Championing Design for Assembly initiatives during new product development
• Reporting and documenting the development and introduction of the process for both MSD and Product Divisions
• All applicants are required to be educated to at least HNC level in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Production Engineering, Mechatronics or Automation Engineering
• Previous experience and success in the development of precision assembly processes
• Experience of DfA/DfM, Process FMEA or Six Sigma
• 3D Cad Modelling
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background, the ability and initiative to apply innovation to process design and development with an aptitude for problem solving. This will be complimented by an enthusiasm and commitment to deliver challenging projects against targets. The applicant will possess strong interpersonal and organisational skills and will be capable of planning and managing their own time and projects to meet business targets and expectations. They will be an effective team member with a keen attention to detail and good communication skills.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our peoples’ skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a face to face interview, which will comprise of technical and behavioural questions. This may include an informal problem-solving task(s). It is our obligation to safeguard applicants and our employees during the recruitment process. This applies to the conduct of the interview itself. All applicants will be asked at screening stage whether reasonable adjustments at interview stage are required to ensure appropriate measures are in place to facilitate an effective interview or assessment process.