The Laser & Calibration Products Division (LCPD) at Renishaw designs, develops and supports a product range of laser interferometers and other high accuracy measurement systems.
LCPD requires a Project Engineer to work with new product development teams and support current products to plan and co-ordinate activities and report progress with respect to project milestones and business deliverables.
The Project Engineer will be a key contributor to delivering new products though development projects.
• Co-ordinate the multi-disciplinary activities of various LCPD development teams and interfacing with staff from other Renishaw divisions to achieve project deliverables and objectives
• Manage the full lifecycle of new product projects using Renishaw’s established product development processes, including scheduling and organising project milestone reviews
• Ensure completion of tasks to agreed time, cost and quality requirements
• Hands on help where required to mitigate risks, resolve conflicts and maintain progress
• Create and maintain project plans and documentation
• Maintaining visibility of project objectives, activities and timescales to team members and stakeholders as a central hub of communication
• Degree or HND in engineering or science
• Excellent communication and inter personal skills
• Good technical awareness and understanding of design functions
• Experience of project coordination and risk management in an engineering environment
• Good computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
• Proven ability to coordinate technical product development projects through to successful commercial introduction
• Knowledge of project planning and project management techniques
• An awareness of MRP/ERP and experience of design change control processes
• Understanding of metrology and optical measurement technology
• Knowledge of relevant Renishaw processes and systems
The successful applicant will have a high level of self-motivation and be a natural team player. They will be pro-active, a completer finisher, highly organised and also flexible in their approach to meet the needs of the day-to-day project environment and driven to meet deadlines and achieve targets.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.