A vacancy has arisen for a Software Engineer to work as part of the Renishaw Neuro Solutions software team based in Charfield. This role involves working on various medical device software projects and involves being involved in the whole lifecycle of activities including product realisation, risk management and design validation and verification.
• Work as part of a development team following a ISO 13485 Quality Management System
• Work with the wider the quality, regulatory, sales, marketing and servicing teams to ensure our medical devices are safe and effective
• Contribute to the full range of medical device lifecycle activities focusing primarily on ISO 62304 activities, but also able to offer technical input to risk analysis activities following procedures based on ISO 14971:2012 standard
All applicants are required to have the following
• A numerate degree with a grade of 2:1 or better (applicants with degrees in Physics, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or Systems Engineering are of interest)
• A good understanding of C# and the .Net framework
• Adaptable and good at picking up domain concepts quickly
• MATLAB and the Image Processing Toolbox
• Experience of working in an iterative development environment
• Knowledge of C/C++
• Knowledge of MS SQL databases
• Knowledge of WPF
• Automated Unit testing
In all circumstances, any lack of experience may be compensated by a keen desire to learn new technologies and to make a valued contribution to a successful multi-disciplinary team.
The successful applicant will be an innovator and highly motivated. They will be keen to keep their skill set up to date and be a good communicator. Their approach is both logical and accurate. The individual must also be capable of working with and actively contributing to the development team.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.