Renishaw is seeking a Control Systems Engineer to join the Encoder Products Division, this role will aid in the understanding and implementation of advanced control techniques and methods for agile electro-mechanical systems. The successful applicant will provide expert knowledge and resource in the analysis of complex electro-mechanical systems and drive the development and implementation of advanced/complex control methods using position encoders in electro-mechanical systems.
• Provide control theory expertise and support for a range of electro-mechanical engineering projects as required
• Perform R&D activities as required in the control of both highly agile and highly accurate electro-mechanical systems with complex control requirements
• Develop methods for analysing existing systems and sub-systems specific to very high performance electro-mechanical servo-systems
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in progressing new product and process design
• Minimum 2.1 honours degree in electro/mechanical or control engineering
• Excellent working knowledge of modern control theory in demanding high-precision applications
• Proven ability to explore and develop control techniques within challenging electro-mechanical systems
• Ability to communicate complex ideas transparently, clearly and concisely
• MSc or PhD in control theory related area
• 5+ years’ experience of electro-mechanical systems and their control
• 3+ years’ working knowledge of control system design and analysis techniques using Matlab and Simulink
• Proven ability to innovate when solving problems
• Understanding of precision measurement techniques
• Ability to develop ideas and methods from first principles
The successful applicant will have good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work both alone and as part of a multi disciplinary team. They will take a logical and innovative approach to solving problems. Additionally, they will be a self starter in uncertain situations, well organised and can work on several projects concurrently.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.