A Project Manager is required to work with multi-disciplinary design teams to co-ordinate and drive design & process improvement projects within our Encoder Products Division current products team. The successful applicant will work within Renishaw’s design change process and new product development process to manage projects through the project lifecycle and report progress to stakeholders.
Renishaw plc is a growing, dynamic company that invests heavily in R&D, manufacturing technology and maintains excellent career progression routes both in the UK and abroad. The Encoder Products Division supplies precision measurement technology to aerospace, manufacturing, medical, consumer electronics, semiconductor, metrology and other high-tech industries.
• Co-ordinate multi-disciplinary activities of design and process improvement projects, ensuring completion of tasks to time, cost and quality requirements
• Develop and maintain accurate project documentation and plans
• Hands on help where required to mitigate risks, resolve conflicts and maintain progress
• Regularly communicate and report on project status and risks through documentation, discussion and presentations as agreed with stakeholders
Typical tasks include:
• Mitigating supply chain risk
• Capacity uplift of production lines
• Proactive cost of quality design and process changes
• Introducing and managing customer specials
• A Degree or HND in an engineering or scientific discipline. Or the ability to demonstrate comparable applied knowledge and expertise
• Excellent communication and inter personal skills coupled with the ability to “get on with people” & to work as part of a team
• Good technical awareness and understanding of design functions and engineering change processes
• Proven ability to manage design & process improvement projects or product development projects through to completion
• Experience of project coordination and risk management
• Good computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Project and Excel
• An awareness of MRP/ERP and experience of design change control processes
• Knowledge of project planning and project management techniques
• Understanding of metrology and optical measurement technology
• Experience of Design/Process FMEA
• Problem solving experience
• Experience with working with remote team members
• APMP/PMQ Qualified
The successful candidate will have a high level of self-motivation and be a team player, with a positive attitude to problem solving. They will be pro-active, a completer, highly organised and flexible in their approach to meet the needs of the day to day project environment and driven to meet deadlines and achieve targets.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.