Renishaw is seeking a Graduate Supply Chain Engineer to support technical development and maintenance of the business’ supply chain. This includes working closely with our new product development teams, buyers and suppliers (both current and new) capturing design requirements and delivering/maintaining robust processes.
• Working with design engineers to ensure that Design for Manufacture principles have been followed
• Liaison with suppliers to gain confidence that they understand their processes and limitations, and Renishaw designs are aligned to supplier’s processes
• Collaborating with suppliers to develop and improve processes so that stringent and challenging design requirements can be achieved
• Conduct assessments and supplier audits to establish confidence that suppliers are capable of meeting Renishaw requirements
• The preparation of quality documentation to identify and record key characteristics of the design and inspection or test results to demonstrate the capability of the supplier’s process
• The review of quality records to provide assurance that the design requirements have been achieved
• Lead investigations into quality issues with purchased parts and services through close liaison with suppliers to ensure root cause is determined and addressed
• Supplier monitoring and proactive approach to supplier development
• Control of key MRP settings to ensure parts are controlled on receipt into the company
• Key metric delivery including presentation to management
• Contribute to departmental improvements such as strategic, documentation or internal training support activities
• Collaboration with buyers to improve performance of poor performing suppliers
• An understanding of 6 sigma, process capability and SPC
• Tact and diplomacy in dealing with external people
• Driven and self-motivated
• A HNC or degree in an engineering discipline
• Knowledge of engineering and inspection techniques
• Knowledge of quality systems e.g. ISO9001
• Experience of auditing preferably external
The job holder must be enthusiastic and self-motivating and be able to communicate with a variety of different levels including Directors, designers, engineers, production personnel and suppliers – they must also be able to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with suppliers to avoid confrontation.
The ideal candidate will have worked in an engineering environment for some years with exposure to dealing with different characters in professional scenarios and resolving quality issues to a satisfactory level.
Visiting suppliers is a key requirement so the individual must be prepared for some travel – UK and abroad.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our peoples’ skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.