Renishaw is seeking to recruit a Process Engineer to develop materials and processes for Additive Manufacturing (3D printing) in metals.
Metal Additive Manufacturing (3D printing) is an emerging technology that produces metal parts from layers of fine metallic powder using a high power laser to fuse the layers together. It is set to transform the way that metal components and assemblies are made and this role presents an exciting opportunity to be part of a manufacturing revolution.
• Develop process parameters for a range of materials
• Characterise materials and interpret data (metal powders and solid metals)
• Collaborate with other disciplines within the Division, including applications, R & D, and sales and marketing
• Collaborate on project-based work with external organisations
• Train others (both internal and external) in the Division’s standard parameter development methodologies
• Generate supporting documentation
• A degree (or equivalent) in materials science, metallurgy, software development, or similar relevant subject (2:2 or above)
• Experience in process engineering or technical disciplines
• A working understanding of scientific principles and methods
• A high level of PC literacy
• Ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proven organisational skills
• A full and valid UK driving licence, as travel to other UK sites will be required
• An understanding of manufacturing technologies and materials selection
• An appreciation of additive manufacturing (3D printing) in metals
• Practical experience in the application of Six Sigma methods and Design of Experiments
• Experience in the use of Minitab or similar statistical package
• Experience in programming (e.g. Python, C#)
• Confidence with CAD and CAM system usage
• Experience with Materialise Magics® stl editing software or equivalent
Renishaw’s Additive Manufacturing Division is expanding rapidly and the successful applicant will have the opportunity to gain experience in the emerging Metal Additive Manufacturing (3D printing) technology. Opportunities for personal development and further training exist as part of a program of courses run internally by Renishaw.
The successful applicant will be a dynamic individual, capable of influencing people and coordinating with the work of others. They will have a confident and authoritative manner with a creative and methodical approach to problem solving and strong focus on priorities, planning, and meeting deadlines.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.