Renishaw Spectroscopy Products Division is recruiting a Mechanical Design Engineer to become part of our design and development team. We make high specification opto-mechanical systems in support of our industry leading Raman spectrometers for chemical analysis and materials identification.
Collaborating closely with optics, electronics and software engineers, you will work with an enthusiastic group to design improved and new mechatronic subsystems from concept through to full production.
You will report to the project technical lead while having full ownership of your designs, and the opportunity to explore novel concepts in pursuit of design solutions.
• Generate concept designs to meet technical requirements for precision opto-mechanical assemblies and alignment mechanisms
• Support design reviews of proposals
• Produce detailed CAD models and manufacturing drawings and manage production of prototypes
• Specify and carry out testing of prototypes
• Design and commission tooling and test rigs in support of manufacture
• Document and communicate design intent to allow the transition of sub-assemblies into full production
• Provide technical support for manufacturing problems
• Conduct investigations into product failures and document lessons learned
• Effectively manage multiple projects to achieve agreed milestones
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related subject
• Ability to create robust design solutions based on technical requirements
• Strong analytical skills to support the design process and fault finding
• Demonstrate a logical and pragmatic approach to problem solving
• Understanding of manufacturing technologies and materials selection
• Experienced with CAD
• Involvement with the product development cycle
• Hands-on practical experience
• Appreciation of opto mechanical systems.
• Experience with Siemens NX and Teamcenter
• Understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
• Knowledge of rapid prototyping methods
• An interest in science and experiments
• Familiar with LabView programming
• Familiar with Arduino based electronics projects
A person driven by technical challenges who appreciates elegant solutions, has an enthusiasm for learning new skills and concepts.
The successful applicant will be able to draw on their experience, knowledge and imagination to produce innovative concept designs, critique their own ideas and balance solutions against competing requirements.
To become a first point of contact for elements of the Raman system. As such, they will be able to not only input to product development but also analyze problems and use a structured approach in developing solutions.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.