Renishaw's Machine Tool Product (MTP) division are recruiting an Industry 4.0 (IIoT) Network Engineer to lead the way in modernising the machine tool industry located at our headquarters in Wotton-under-Edge.
Joining our global team, you will be accountable for connecting machine tools and automation equipment across a facility to a single digital platform or infrastructure – a fundamental step for us in shaping the fourth industrial revolution!
This is a great opportunity for those seeking a career in network communications whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent graduate or apprentice.
Renishaw designs, manufactures and supplies leading-edge technology to world's precision measurement, automation and manufacturing industries. Something you encounter today will almost certainly have been touched by a Renishaw product. Our products and services are used in applications as diverse as jet engines and wind turbine manufacturing to dentistry and brain surgery.
We've created an environment that allows our people to maximise their potential. Challenging conventional methods to improve product design and manufacturing productivity.
You will be part of a team that provides software tools for the connection and sharing of data from computer numerically controlled machine tools (CNCs) to multiple teams.
The role will include (but not limited to):
• Ethernet networking of in-house machines and rigs
• Testing of data output
• Configuring software/hardware to create integration test environments
• Creation of user documentation for subsidiaries and third parties
• Training Renishaw subsidiary staff around the world
• Working with third parties on their consumption and use of metrology data
• Responsibility for documenting technical feedback
Qualifications or experience:
• Hold a degree in either subject areas: Computer Science, Electronics, Mechanical or Manufacturing engineering or equivalent years of experience held in relevant field for example; IT/networking, digital and technology, business services or manufacturing engineering
• A full and valid passport is required for occasional international travel as and when required due to business need
•Familiarity with the use of metrology devices for manufacturing process control, particularly on-machine probing in a CNC environment
For candidates from a business systems or IT background:
• Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP networking
• Ability to set-up local networks using switches/hub
• Experience with network diagnosis tools such as Wireshark
• Any relevant certified network/security qualifications, such as Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT)
For candidates from a manufacturing background:
• Familiarity with CNC machine tools and controlled manufacturing processes
• Experience of working within different cultures and manufacturing sectors
You will be:
• A critical thinker with self-organisational skills to meet objectives
• Creative in your approach to developing new methods and processes; producing ideas and the strategy of the division to others
• Share enthusiasm for learning new technologies and a proven ability to self-teach
Opportunities for career development and training
Join us and you’ll spend time learning about our products and technologies, delivered by our internal training academy, with the chance to develop the necessary 'soft' skills to work closely with our customers and international subsidiaries to progress your career. Be given the opportunity to learn and work with overseas subsidiary organisations in the development and launch of a new product. In addition to travel opportunities and field experience with machine tool builders and end users.
When you join Renishaw, you're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust