Renishaw is currently seeking to recruit various Polishing / Assembly Operators to work on a fixed term contract.
This role will involve the polishing, assembly, inspection of metrology products to a specified quality standard, in line with a defined production schedule. As the successful applicant you will work as part of a team alongside a group of Production Technicians and Engineers.
• To polish various metal product in line with cosmetic standards.
• To assemble, test and inspect products to defined standards.
• To follow all relevant instructions, both written and verbal, and highlight any deficiencies observed in the process.
• To use the skills and techniques acquired during training, to work in an efficient and quality conscious manner so that product quality and production targets are met.
• To inform supervisors of any problems that exist which may affect the quality of the product.
• To work sensibly and safely at all times, ensuring compliance with Health and Safety regulations and reporting all Health and Safety concerns immediately.
All applicants are required to have the following:
• 2 years machinery based metal polishing background.
• A high level of dexterity.
• Good eyesight, with spectacles/lenses if worn.
• The flexibility to adapt and continually improve.
• The ability and confidence to operate machinery, test equipment and computer systems should the need arise.
• The ability to read and correctly interpret build instructions.
• A full UK driving license (or the ability on request to travel to a different site for periods of training).
Although not essential, it is desirable if applicants have some expertise in assembly techniques or are able to demonstrate the ability to develop the dexterity and skills necessary.
The successful applicant must have an identifiable “can do” attitude in regards to their work ethic. The individual will also have a proven record of good time keeping and attendance, and will be flexible in regards to their working hours.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday.