Graduates applying for this position should have studied in disciplines such as Business Management, Marketing, International Business Studies, Operations Management, Manufacturing, Engineering or any other near equivalent courses. Candidates from non-engineering disciplines are expected to show a strong interest in technology and engineering and can also demonstrate commercial acumen and excellent communication skills. As a Commercial Graduate, you will play a key role in ensuring Renishaw remains a market leader.
The commercial stream spans a variety of disciplines that support the commercial operations of Renishaw and supports recruitment into corporate divisions, manufacturing, product divisions and subsidiaries.
During your time on our graduate scheme, you will rotate throughout different areas of the business. Some examples of these rotations include but are not limited to:
• Business Operations: an opportunity to work within a manufacturing environment supporting supply chain activities or in the corporate function such as Human Resources, Finance or Intellectual Property.
• Marketing Communications: responsible for the creation of the marketing collateral used to publicise Renishaw's products worldwide. This can include digital content creation, email marketing, video and animations, sales brochures, technical documentation, news articles for industry journals, plus demonstration equipment and graphics for exhibitions.
• Product Marketing: working with R&D project teams to develop the specification and business plans for future products and products currently in development.
• Sales / Business Development: working in a corporate function supporting many critical elements from market and financial analysis, operations, and web channel developments.
What you will gain:
Depending on your specialism, Commercial Graduates will develop an understanding of:
• Commercial processes including marketing and sales
• Situational analysis and problem solving
• Commercial activities surrounding the customer requirements
• Collaborative working practice
• Resource and time management
• Understanding of product lifecycle and manufacturing techniques
• Understand the intended use of our products and how they benefit the customer
• Market and financial analysis
• International exposure to the commercial operations of Renishaw subsidiaries
You will have:
• High standard of verbal and written communication (including presentation skills)
• Collaborative, and keen to share information, knowledge and skills
• Able to identify the goals of any project and work towards them
• Prioritise and plan work effectively
• Work under pressure when required
• Basic understanding of product lifecycle and manufacturing techniques
• Strong interest in technology
Promotion in this stream can lead to more senior positions within a product division, corporate function or sales subsidiary.
Upon successfully finishing the scheme, commercial graduates have taken on permanent roles in business development, product marketing, marketing communications and sales development.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.