Renishaw’s Manufacturing Services Division (MSD) is looking to recruit a Senior Production Engineer responsible for manufacturing engineering process support, development, and resources. The role will include responsibility for driving proactive improvement activities, targeting quality improvements, product cost and waste reduction.
• Lead and coordinate a team of production engineers
• Ownership and support of the processes that exist within the machine shop
• The investigation of process problems and root‑cause analysis, with the implementation of effective robust corrective action within challenging deadlines
• The analysis of process performance data in order to justify improvement actions
• Continuous improvement activities within manufacturing processes including the elimination of waste, reduction of product cost, and the enhancement of process controls
• Ensure that processes supported and developed are to a high level of capability and efficiency
• Regular interaction with both product divisions and the support services within MSD
• Degree level education in a relevant technical discipline such as, Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering or Manufacturing Systems. Or a HNC/HND level education with significant experience in a related engineering field
• Good communication and PC skills and the ability to work with minimal support
• A focused approach to waste reduction and product / process cost reduction
• Proven success in managing technical engineering teams in a dynamic environment, planning and managing the activities to a successful conclusion
• Proven and successful application of structured problem solving techniques
• This role will be working on a double day shift working pattern
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background and will be able to demonstrate success in the support and development of complex, technically challenging manufacturing processes. A results‑driven individual, demonstrating clear success in delivering to plan in past roles. The candidate must be able to lead and manage a team of technical staff in investigating complex and subtle process problems employing the latest analysis techniques and a sound, structured approach to ensure the correct conclusions are reached. Good communication skills are essential since the role will interface directly with MSD.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.