Renishaw's Manufacturing Services Division is currently seeking a CNC Setter / Operator to join the Machine Shop on a double dayshift basis. The purpose of the role will include setting and operating a variety of CNC Machine Tools to support production demands.
• Setting / Operating CNC machines (Milling or Turning) within the standard set and run times
• Monitor and be responsible for the quality of components using a wide range of equipment including CMM inspection. This will include manually recording quality specific information
• Interpret drawings and contribute to the programming of component parts where applicable
• Applicants must have served an apprenticeship and have expertise in using a variety of manual and CNC machine tools, both milling and turning
• The ability to follow written and pictorial instructions accurately is essential
• Must be able to demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills
• Although not essential, expertise in the generation of CNC programmes, including the use of GIBBS CAM programming software would be advantageous
• Basic pc skills required, although full training will be given to successful applicant
The successful candidate will be required to set and operate multiple machines simultaneously; therefore, the ability to perform under pressure is essential. This role would ideally suit somebody who values the importance of attention to detail, and demonstrates a logical and organised approach to problem solving. They will be comfortable working unaided whilst forming part of a team. Good communication skills are essential for the role, whilst a positive “can do” attitude would also be of benefit.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to life than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a face to face interview, which will comprise of technical and behavioural questions. This may include an informal problem-solving task(s). It is our obligation to safeguard applicants and our employees during the recruitment process. This applies to the conduct of the interview itself. All applicants will be asked at screening stage whether reasonable adjustments at interview stage are required to ensure appropriate measures are in place to facilitate an effective interview or assessment process.