Renishaw’s Machine Tool Products division is a leader in the design and development of inspection probe technology and metrology systems for machined parts. Due to continued growth, we are seeking a Senior Electronic Design Engineer to work on the design and development of transducer solutions including capacitive displacement transducers and associated products.
This position’s primary focus will be to develop high accuracy battery operated technologies for use in industrial measurement solutions.
Our products and services are used in applications as diverse as the automotive and aerospace industries to military and consumer electronics. We operate in an environment that promotes autonomy and creativity, with people who can deliver quality within set timelines.
- Working as part of the Machine Tool Product Division’s new products development team
- Developing circuit designs for the test and prove out of candidate transducer architectures, including simulation analysis
- Implementing designs using industry standard EDA tools
- Creating populated development PCBs suitable for testing concepts
- Defining and document test strategies for concept designs and provide comprehensive documented test data
- Working with project members to integrate solutions into the larger system architectures
- You will hold a degree or a diploma with equivalent experience in electronic design engineering
- Proven experience in mixed signal circuit design using industry standard EDA tools
- Ability to be able to develop solutions from system level requirements
- Demonstrable understanding of DFT and DFM methodologies to provide production suitable solution
- You will be a methodical innovative designer who can contribute to the design of space and power constrained transducer solutions using both new and established technologies
- Be able to clearly communicate ideas, provide strategies for testing concepts and be able to document accordingly
- Provide an analytical approach in conjunction with an ability to quickly implement prototypes for prove out
- Proven ability to liaise effectively with multiple departments within the organisation for example; PCB layout, purchasing and manufacturing
- Demonstrate ability to work in a large team using collaboration tools for effective, traceable, development
Opportunities for career development and training
- With us, you will be given the opportunity to elevate your skills in a highly focused engineering environment where quality is central
- Time will be spent learning about our products and technologies, developing designs whilst supporting multiple projects at one given time
- Further training and courses exist based upon the experience of the candidate
- Broaden your knowledge of metrology products
- A chance to lead and manage your own projects
This position is open to either locations: New Mills site near Wotton under Edge, Gloucestershire or Exeter R&D site based near Tedburn St Mary.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance, Permanent Health Insurance scheme subject to application and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.