Renishaw’s CMM Products Division (CPD) is currently seeking to recruit an experienced electronics service and support engineer. The position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work with the latest in CMM hardware technology and metrology software, applied within the most diverse, demanding and technologically advanced manufacturing processes. Customers include aerospace, performance motorsport, automotive and medical companies. The role will give the individual the opportunity to work as part of a team of engineers supporting a diverse range of customer support activities and will be expected to contribute to the growth and development of Renishaw’s service organisation’s infrastructure and systems.
• Provide technical support to existing customers via multiple media options
• Produce technical documentations
• Support and train subsidiary service teams and act as a conduit between the service and design teams
• Engage with improvement opportunities and promote a continuous improvement mentality
• Expected to use initiative to improve service response
• Have an awareness of the overheads associated with providing service to a global customer base
• Support the flow of technical information outward to subsidiary engineers and end user
• An HNC, HND or degree in a relevant subject.
• Previous work experience as Senior Electronic Technician or Electronic Engineer.
• Good communication and documentation skills.
• A valid passport ensuring unrestricted travel to and from the UK.
• A valid driving licence.
• An understanding of customer requirements including typical manufacturing processes.
• Some experience in continuous improvement.
Although not essential, it is desirable if applicants have the following:
• Knowledge of metrology principles, particularly when applied to the use of a CMM.
• Practical expertise in the use of CMM metrology software.
The successful applicant will be self motivated and able to work with minimum supervision. The individual must be adaptable, logical thinking, well organised, have good communication skills and an aptitude to problem solving.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.