Renishaw plc is a leading UK based technology company listed on the FTSE250 index of the London Stock Exchange and a recognised global leader in the fields of metrology and healthcare.
With its headquarters in Gloucestershire, Renishaw is an international organisation with around 80 offices in 36 countries and is known as a leader in innovative technology in its markets. Renishaw products are used by manufacturers worldwide and across many industries, that include; aerospace, engineering, semiconductors, consumer products and biotechnology. Renishaw is also a vertically integrated business undertaking the design, development, manufacture and distribution of its products. Manufacture is undertaken principally in the UK and Ireland, with some production also taking place in Germany, France, India and the USA.
We are now seeking to recruit a full time Commercial Legal Counsel to be based at the Company’s headquarters in Gloucestershire. (Please note: No Agencies)
- As part of a 15‑strong team you will use your commercial legal skills to support Renishaw in achieving its strategic priorities as well as ensuring its continuing compliance with relevant laws in the business areas in which it operates. You will report to the Head of Commercial Legal based in the UK. You will have direct contact across the business, including with directors and senior managers, and you should be prepared to give practical advice to those working at every level.
You will be required to:
- Review, draft, negotiate and advise on a broad range of agreements with customers and suppliers, from confidentiality agreements through to complex commercial agreements, and as such will require strong legal and commercial skills and knowledge in the areas commercial contracting, procurement, data protection (GDPR), software licencing and IP.
- Provide guidance and training on business and legal risks to internal teams.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining appropriate policies and procedures to ensure the Company’s compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including privacy and consumer protection compliance.
- Help build and improve form agreements and legal processes.
- Prioritise and work well under pressure in an evolving business environment.
- A qualified solicitor or barrister with 3-8 PQE of relevant experience with good commercial awareness and drive
- Individuals with previous in‑house experience would be particularly suited for this role.
- Confidence and competence in working in a multi-national environment and the ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels in the organisation, including senior management.
- Strong technical knowledge, along with excellent drafting skills and a sharp attention to detail.
- Complete fluency in English (oral and written); secondary language skills would be welcomed.
- A high level of competency with Microsoft Office Suite
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance (and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.)