The Education Outreach team is currently seeking to recruit a confident and outgoing individual to work within the Education Centre at Renishaw’s Miskin site near Cardiff. This is a six-month contract to cover employee leave.
The main purpose of the role is to deliver STEM based activities to local schools, colleges and universities and support the existing STEM Tutor/Technician in the effective running of the Education Centre. The role is a full-time position.
- To plan, prepare, deliver and evaluate STEM based workshops for young people visiting the Education Centre
- Give tours of the Miskin facilities to visiting students
- To prepare appropriate plans and learning materials for each session, to make them available for monitoring and to maintain them as part of the course documentation files
- To ensure that all equipment and facilities are used appropriately and safely
- To assist with enrolment and engagement procedures as appropriate
- To work alongside the existing STEM Tutor/Technician (STT), providing assistance when needed
- To assist the STT in delivery of workshops and materials for planned activities
- To prepare equipment and teaching areas for practical classes
- To carry out administrative and other functions related to the smooth running of the Education Centre
- To ensure the safe disposal of waste
- To maintain a safe and tidy working environment at all times
- Maintain standards of safety and security as set out by company policies
- To undertake training when required
- Have a flexible approach to tasks
- To maintain and monitor signage and correct use of PPE
- Attend meetings and events according to requirements by line manager
- Minimum of HNC (or equivalent) in a science or engineering-based discipline and/or engineering apprenticeship
- Previous experience in delivering STEM based workshops
- A good practical knowledge of STEM activities to include science and engineering workshops
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Good PC skills (including MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Full UK driving licence
- Excellent English language skills, both written and verbal
- An understanding of the Welsh education system
- Advantage to have experience gained from working in an engineering or science-based discipline, or significant knowledge about these disciplines from working within a relevant organisation
- Experience of teaching/training or working with groups of young people in STEM activities
- An awareness of different learning strategies and teaching methods suitable for teaching a diverse range of abilities
- Excellent communication skills – ability to deal with a wide range of internal and external personnel at all levels, and work well individually and as part of a team.
- A well-motivated, confident individual with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Willingness to work out of office hours – there will be occasional evening and weekend work
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a face to face interview, which will comprise of technical and behavioural questions. This may include an informal problem-solving task(s). It is our obligation to safeguard applicants and our employees during the recruitment process. This applies to the conduct of the interview itself. All applicants will be asked at screening stage whether reasonable adjustments at interview stage are required to ensure appropriate measures are in place to facilitate an effective interview or assessment process.